Mission of the CIC
The University has set up a permanent, dynamic network for the development and management of international relations in all departments. At a central level, international policy is designed and carried out by the Centre for International Cooperation of the University, coordinated by the Vice-Rector in charge of international relations and accountable directly to the Rector.
The Centre for International Cooperation now acts as a promoter of the continuous academic, scientific and cultural innovation within the university, which aims to consolidate its international competitiveness.
The Centre for International Cooperation coordinates and supports the different forms of international cooperation Universitatea Babeş-Bolyai is involved in:
- developing, promoting and implementing the internationalisation strategy of Universitatea Babeş-Bolyai. The emphasis of its activities falls on co-ordination and management of the University's student, teacher and researcher exchanges within different EU and non-EU programmes, as well as within the University's bilateral agreements;
- providing prospective international students, lecturers, professors, with information about UBB study programmes and admission procedures;
- facilitating high-standard accommodation in an international student house;
- promoting interaction among international students, associate lecturers and professors and the local community;
- offering comprehensive advice to international students and staff before leaving home, upon arrival in Cluj-Napoca and during their stay here;
- offering cultural adjustment counselling to the newcomers;
- organising orientation seminars and monthly meetings with international students;
- informing the general public on the opportunities of international co-operation, providing the possibility of studying and experiencing a different educational culture and university environment, as well as the opportunity to obtain a diploma from prestigious universities in Europe, the United States of America and Canada;
- advising and assisting applicants for the Fulbright Programme;
- coordinating, managing and evaluating the European programmes, promoting international participation of the University in programmes such as ERASMUS, CEEPUS, LEONARDO, DAAD, etc.;
- assisting academic staff, as well as students in designing, developing, implementing and auditing projects with financing from the EU or other sources;
- promoting the University’s offer of educational programmes abroad;
- organising the summer schools and the international events of the University;
- promoting the joint degrees and joint research programmes;
- editing and publishing materials for international students and teaching staff.