Centrul de Cooperări Internaționale

Self-sponsored internships/work placements and research internships

Students/Ph.D. candidates, researchers or other people interested are welcome to carry out work placement or research internships at Babeș-Bolyai University, within various faculties, research and/or cultural centres. 

At the end of the internship Babeș-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca issues a work placement or research internship certificate and not a degree/ diploma.

To apply for a work placement or research internship, candidates have to contact the international officer of Babeș-Bolyai University responsible of the cooperation with higher education institutions from their country of origin (click on Staff-Office for Interuniversity Agreements).

The following documents are to be sent via e-mail:

Copy of the latest obtained degree (BA, MA, Ph.D.)

Copy of ID card or passport (Non-EU citizens are to present a passport copy)

Curriculum Vitae

Letter of intent

Recommendation Letter(s), optional

Proof of payment of the processing fee (50 EUR, applicable only for the candidates whose home institution does not have an Inter-university Agreement with UBB. The list of our partners is available here.). The online payment can be made here

Babeș-Bolyai University is not responsible for the fulfillment by the applicant of the legal prerequisites regarding entry and residence in Romania. The only document issued by Babeș-Bolyai University in this regard is a Letter of Acceptance

The applicant is responsible for fulfilling the professional and financial obligations presented to him/her by the Faculty/ Institute/ Center of Babeș-Bolyai University. Babeș-Bolyai University doesn’t cover the costs of health insurance throughout the internship.

Internships within research projects or European programs are to be carried out according to the regulations of the respective programs and the responsible persons are to be contacted. A hosting agreement is required when foreign nationals from a country outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) are interested to carry out research activities in Romania at our university, for a period of more than three months. In this case, please contact The Center for Research Management.

Skip to content