The British Council is delighted to let you know that applications are now open for our Researcher Connect Online Training Programme that will be run over the following two weeks:
- Week 1- Monday 13 November to Thursday 16 November 2023,
- Week 2: Monday 20 November to Thursday 23 November 2023.
Each of the eight sessions lasts 3 hours for a total of 24 hours.
The Researcher Connect programme promotes the development of excellent communication skills for international, multicultural academic contexts in order to improve researchers’ international opportunities. The course has been delivered across the globe and participant feedback has consistently shown that the workshop enhances researchers’ communication skills, knowledge and ability. Researcher Connect online is offered as a series of modules as per the brochure enclosed, delivered through a two week (Monday-Thursday) online workshop format by experienced and quality-assured trainers. It is designed specifically for early career researchers, although certain aspects would also be of benefit to more experienced members of the research community.
This programme aims:
- To enhance the productivity of individual researchers and, in turn, provide their universities and research institutions with a competitive advantage in the fast moving international research environment,
- To build capacity for early career researchers (up to 5 years) and recent PhD graduates with inclusive participation based on gender, ethnicity and geographical difference,
- To improve your communication and research skills and research quality as a whole,
- To increase the number of (joint) international journals and to strengthen research collaboration through this series of online training workshops.
The British Council is inviting 30 early career researchers from Romania and Bulgariawho:
1. Can effectively communicate in English (B2 level or above)
2. Are a practising researcher, at the beginning of their researching career and can commit to the training schedule (this is a two-week training programme, three hours Monday-Thursday, each day)
3. Can confirm that their research organisation/university is permitting their full attendance. An attendance certificate will be awarded at the end of the training).
4. Can commit to one or two deliverables with concrete outcomes as a result of this training, e.g. in order to aid the publication of research, sharing sessions to wider researchers, increasing research connections and collaborations.
The programme is free of charge and please note that we will be looking for an even distribution of researchers from both countries.
We kindly ask you to disseminate this opportunity within the community of early career researchers from your university and those eligible according to the criteria above are invited to register by filling in this form by: 17 October 2023.
For further information, please consult the brochure of the programme. For any other enquiries, please contact: email@example.com